During the COVID-19 pandemic, MyVitiligoTeam will provide summaries and links to articles of importance to people living with vitiligo. This page will be updated with information as it becomes available.
- Join the conversation about COVID-19 and vitiligo by commenting below.
MyVitiligoTeam, March 20, 2020
- Remind loved ones of the seriousness of your situation. According to research in China, people who had one additional disease had a 79 percent higher risk of requiring intensive care, needing a respirator, or dying as a result of COVID-19.
- If there are others in your circle who take the threat seriously, ask them to talk to your loved one on your behalf.
- Suggest ways to stay socially connected from a safe distance.
What MyVitiligoTeam Members Are Saying
"This COVID-19 is just crazy, isn’t it?? Did anyone ever think we’d be living through something like this?"
Log in or sign up to join the conversation.
Canceling Is Kindness: Keeping Safe From Coronavirus With Vitiligo
MyVitiligoTeam, March 19, 2020
- Vitiligo does not indicate that you are more susceptible to infections.
- Topicals and light therapy are acting in the skin only, and there’s no reason why they should affect your ability to fight off any virus, including the novel coronavirus.
- In theory, oral steroids could affect the ability to fight infections, but most people are taking such low doses that it’s unlikely.
Vitiligo and the Novel Coronavirus
Other COVID-19 Resources